Tuesday, July 14, 2020

My Tomato Thicket


Behold! In these two raised beds we have eight tomato plants. Four of them are in the bed in the foreground along with a couple of volunteer cilantro plants. In the rear we have four more tomato plants and to the left of them are the surprise! green beans, about a dozen plants. They are surprise! green beans because I found half of a package left over from last year that had gotten damp and a little mildewy. I shrugged, thought, whatever, and poked them in the soil while the tomato plants were quite small. To my surprise, most of them sprouted and are now blossoming like crazy. I'm guessing that surprise! green beans are even tastier than regular ones. We shall see. One of the plants grows golden cherry tomatoes and I have sampled three of them while out watering. They were sweet and delicious. Looks to be a great crop if we can keep the hail away! Please, Mother Nature, keep the hail away!

No comments: