Thursday, February 13, 2020

Taking It On

I find it regrettable that this photo lacks Kady and Josh. Also the TADA sign.
After viewing Seasons 1-4 of The Magicians, I was pleased that a magical character named Ian did not appear. I did not expect to love this show so much! But I do! Despite the fact that the Season 4 finale made me cry. Both times I watched it. I love the inappropriate verbal epithets, the darkness, the humor, and the very clever way that they incorporate music into many of the episodes. I will never again hear the A-ha pop anthem Take On Me quite the same way. Oh, and who's my favorite character? It's a toss-up between Margo and Eliot. Though Fen and Josh have grown on me more than I expected they would. And because I have a soft spot for drunken Russian magicians with a deadpan sense of humor who can turn into bears, Mayakovsky is my fave of the recurring characters.

No comments: