Sunday, February 16, 2020

Not Enough Electrons

I would thank Starz for releasing episode one of season five of Outlander on Friday. Purportedly to help all of us celebrate Valentine's Day. Except I think it was merely to soften the blow when so many of us, it can't be just me, can't get anything to load and play on their streaming service. Personally, I think so many subscribers logged on today to see the continuing adventures of Claire and Jamie that we broke Starz. Absolutely and literally broke it. All I get to watch is the loading symbol circling the drain. Maybe someone should unplug Starz, wait a couple of minutes, then boot it up again. That's what I do when things don't work. On the other hand, it's a simple law of economics to make something scarce so people will do anything, spend more money, maybe wait in a ridiculously long line in order to get it. Starz, you big tease. I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments: