Saturday, February 15, 2020

About The Size of It

My lovely little home has a single car attached garage. With nary a single car parked inside it! Here's the thing. Depending on where you look, my house was built somewhere between 1956 and 1959. An era in American history where cars were huge. Freaking huge! And I seriously doubt that a car was ever intended to actually be parked in there. The graphic is pretty close to the dimensions of my garage, it's eleven feet wide and the full depth of the house deep, about twenty-six feet. If I ever get it organized* out there into lady cave space on one end and working on projects/tool space on the other, I probably still won't be able to park my car in there. Though my Outback would fit pretty comfortably with room on at least one side for me to get out if everything along the sides was relocated for the first twenty feet. Which leads me to believe that this garage was built for the lawnmower, a few bicycles, and some camping equipment. Not a car. I have briefly fantasized about building an oversize double garage in the backyard that would be accessed via the alley. If time and money were in limitless supply. Then I could convert the attached garage space into more living space! And park my car inside the new much larger garage space. Not that I need any of this, I just enjoy thinkin' on it. I'm happy to have new windows that don't let the winter inside. And I need to finish the projects currently in progress before I start new ones. When you own a house, you don't need hobbies.   

*Garage space enhancement and organization is slated for this summer. When it's done join me in the lady cave area and grab a beer from the conveniently located beverage fridge!

No comments: