Thursday, January 23, 2020

Gettin' All Resolute

At just over three weeks into 2020 all I can say is I haven't failed yet. I recently learned that most people who made resolutions for the new year have already failed. Only 8% of those resolute folks make it through the next twelve months successfully. Which makes it easier to get into Harvard, your chances stand at 16% for gaining entry into that prestigious school when you apply. So. I tend to make whimsical resolutions, if any at all, and for this year I have made three of them. Firstly, to sing every day. Before the move to Colorado, I had people that I sang with frequently, and lacking that now, my voice has become a bit froggy and flabby. It needs exercise, so I'm just doin' it. If I need to randomly burst into song at some point, I want to be ready. Secondly, to blog every day. And for me that counts as long as I have posts equaling the number of days in the month at the end of each month. I've fallen a bit off the blogwagon the last couple of years and I want to rectify that. The third one is not as easy as you might think. Repeat after me. I resolve to not argue with idiots about politics on social media. There. I have to remind myself of this on a daily basis, but I have to say that I'm much happier now that I'm avoiding this sinkhole of abysmal pointlessness. I do have a few friends who are very smart and I am letting them do this for me, even if they aren't aware that they are helping me keep a resolution. I prefer to let them edify the idiot masses while I observe and cheer them on. There you have it! Three resolutions that I'm thus far managing quite well. Good luck with yours! Failing that, I suggest you apply to Harvard.

No comments: