Monday, January 1, 2024

Resolute!

I rarely make a New Year's resolution. But this idea has been percolating through my brain since I moved last year. For months now I have been sorting through things and organizing this house. And despite the fact that I got rid of sooooo much stuff before the move, I am finding that I am donating or selling even more items after moving. Much of this stuff is clothing. So. My resolution is to buy no clothing in 2024. Not a scrap of clothing for myself! None! Zero! Nary a sock or pair of panties or even a hat! While I am resolute to succeed in this mission a mere seventeen hours into this first day, I crumbled just a bit when I saw that $10 in Kohl's cash had arrived in my email. I reminded myself that practical things for the home can be found at Kohl's, not just cute casual wear and comfy sweats and jammies. I will let you know if I should break down and buy something. I know this is an uphill battle. Only 9% of people are able to keep their resolution for the full year. One day down, 365 to go! After all, it is a leap year.


No comments: