Sunday, December 31, 2023

In Review

This has been quite a year. I sold a house and bought a house. I lost my kitty Newton. I moved to a new state! I'm still learning how directions work here. Because I swear this is a black hole where compasses go to die. I no longer have to adjust recipes for baked goods since I'm back at sea level. The son and I are having pizza tonight. We have agreed on the pizza but not on a movie to watch while eating it. I still marvel at going outside in a fleecy or light jacket in December since I'm used to this being the darkest, coldest time of year. I feel happiness creeping in and hiding in the corners, waiting for me to notice its presence and embrace it. I look forward to the stripped-down decorating that will emerge as I pack away the Christmas decorations. A bottle of champagne is calling to me. I must heed it! The best way to ring in a new year is with bubbles. Have a good one. Don't party too hard and make January first a painful beginning to 2024. Last of all, I am enjoying that today's date is 123123.


 

No comments: