Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Elvis Would Have Been 89 Yesterday

Christmas is all packed away. Snow is predicted for tomorrow. I have prepared for this stormy weather by stocking up on groceries. Despite the fact that I am an experienced winter weather driver, I will not be leaving the house. Due to the likelihood that I am in the minority here where that particular skill is concerned. I learned my winter driving skills in North Dakota in a rear-wheel-drive vehicle. I know how that shit works. In other news, my quest to return my piece of crap refrigerator may finally be resolved today. All I know is, I will never again purchase another LG appliance. Stay tuned. To my great surprise, the little succulent plant that I thought was plastic is not. It is a live thing. It came attached to a stick in a Trader Joe's bouquet of flowers a couple of months ago. So after packing it away with other decor items to make way for holiday things, I found it had dropped some leaves and was growing little hairy roots looking for water! Now I'm trying to not kill it. And finally, nine days into the new year I have not purchased any clothing. Though in Marshall's yesterday I did covet a sweater while shopping for containers to organize my garage. I bought some baskets, not a sweater, and they will work nicely inside the metal cabinet that is waiting to be assembled. I long to have the space to park my lawnmower in the garage. 


No comments: