Tuesday, January 16, 2024

A Long Time Ago in a Trailer House Far Away


That's me, circa 1984. Short hair phase. I'm wearing the wool sweater that my Norwegian grandparents brought home for me after their first (second?) trip to the homeland. I loved that sweater but I had to wear a long sleeved tee or turtleneck under it to avoid the itchies. Which means that this is during the long and brutal South Dakota winter, making such layering comfortable. I have no recollection as to why my hands are tucked under my thigh in that fashion. These were the early days of the budding romance between me and the man I would eventually marry. So I'm smiling. For a time I think this snapshot was up on his cubicle wall at work. Now I'm in possession of it. It's a picture of myself that I actually like. Probably because I feel comfortable being me at the moment. Plus I'm beginning to realize that I'm in love. That should put a smile on anyone's face.

 

No comments: