Monday, April 12, 2021

Ah, Spring


The hoya in the dining room is fixin' to bloom! It looks like there are upwards of fifty buds that will pop starting later this week and probably continue for a month. The much larger main plant just around the corner in the sunroom has but a single blooming spur producing buds, making it tied with the tiny plant on the windowsill in the kitchen whose lone spur is also going to bloom. The main plant has at least a dozen spurs so I hope more buds appear. I really don't want to have to talk to it. All the significant conversations I have had with houseplants consist of pointing outside to the compost bin and informing the plant that this is where they will be residing if they don't shape up. I expect this makes me a terrible person. At least I don't point at the garden beds and tell the houseplants that I eat the ones that grow out there. 


No comments: