Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Nameless in Blue


Last week I asked Reid if I could semi-permanently borrow some Lego blocks. Specifically, some blue Lego blocks. So I could properly light up this blue glass head with the wiry cord thing sporting an on/off switch that is fitted with a blue light bulb. Earlier I tried simply setting the head over it but the results were lackluster. Before that I stuffed a couple of strings of blue lights inside but that created too much heat. I needed a six inch or so tower of blue Lego blocks to raise the light bulb and conceal the glaring white cord. I also needed some small supports for the base of the head to allow for the cord to have passage without tilting the whole business and also to allow for any heat buildup from the tiny wattage bulb to escape. A project of this magnitude required the clearing of the dining room table to create a suitable work space.


Now situated on a trunk in my office, the blue glass head can be seen modeling my pink pussy hat. This would be in the lights off mode.


Here we see the blue glass head of indeterminate gender modeling the pink pussy hat in lights on mode. The blue glass head really needs a name. Two years ago, while wearing a blue Santa hat, I was calling the glass head Elvis, but that just didn't stick. Then Andrea came to visit and together we came up with Dana but that really hasn't grown on me, either. Any suggestions would be appreciated.


No comments: