Sunday, January 20, 2019

Heads or Tails?

What's the formula? Your eldest child's age plus seven? Half your current age plus seven? Wait, in my particular circumstance those numbers end up the same. So. I have one word for you. Bodyguard. The British crime/thriller/spy show currently running on Netflix. Now I expect you're wondering what the formula has to do with Bodyguard. Nothing, really. Except to say that I heartily approve of the older woman, younger man thing going on in that series. Don't bother to ask if heartthrob Richard Madden, who plays former military, current cop assigned to protect a high-ranking member of the government David Budd, fits neatly into the age ratio formula. Because he doesn't. Not in my case, anyway. But if we use the number that I often get guessed at agewise, yes, then, he just squeaks in under the wire. Though on the eldest child's age plus seven we still fail. Which puts us in coin flipping toss territory. All I know is, I'm regressing into an old, bad habit of finding a deeply broken man seriously attractive. As if me sinking my gentle claws into him will draw out his pain and heal him. Maybe not so gentle. Good thing he only exists on television. That saves everyone a great deal of trouble. 


The obvious edit was done due to the fact that it appeared upon a quick read-through prior to hitting the publish button that I was faux swearing. Something you ought to know I damn well fucking stay the hell away from. 

No comments: