Friday, April 14, 2023

National Poetry Month Offering #7

Idiot Threshold


My idiot threshold is three
So pardon me, please,
Don't take it personally
My idiot threshold is three
I'm a generous person
I have a good heart
On the best of terms
I'd just as soon part
But my patience is limited
My attention span, too
So, I'm going to warn you
Up front and quite clearly
Deal with me reasonably

Pragmatically
Have your facts straight
Don't make me wait
If you're fourth in line and ill-prepared
You've now been forewarned
My idiot threshold is three


This week I have had to deal with a lawyer, the court system in another state, the DMV, being plagued by the water bill from a house I haven't lived in for over a month, and trying to sort through cancelling the homeowner's insurance on said house. I have to say that for the most part customer service people were very capable and made all of these nuisances go away in short order. My idiot threshold was not breached, it was not even approached. Thank the goddess!


No comments: