Monday, April 17, 2023

National Poetry Month Offering #10

 Six Weeks In



His dark dark eyes

Their color lying somewhere

Between chocolate

And roasted coffee beans

Examine me for details

With such curiosity and kindness

That no shred

Of self consciousness remains

I love that left cheek dimple

That materializes with his smile

And how his kisses

Leave a lingering impression

On my lips

And memory


Another man, another time. It had not yet sunk in that this fellow had numerous issues, chief among them drinking too much and anger, the anger exascerbated by the alcohol. I was flattered by him telling me I was a terrific writer. Since he taught writing classes at the college level it was nice to have that validation from a professional. What is still unbelievable to me is that I gave him a second chance a couple of years later. Clearly I'm an idiot.



No comments: