Tuesday, April 4, 2023

National Poetry Month Offering #2

Thank You, Mr. Heisenberg


Gray hair close cropped,

The other in a straw hat.

Eating ice cream, sitting on a bench,

Holding hands.

Difficult to ascertain which is Mr, which is Mrs

At this distance.

Dressed as twins

In khaki trousers

And bright print oversize shirts

White socks and blue-white tennis shoes.

Only when they stroll away

Am I safe to assume the shorter is the Mrs.

Once again in similar bodies,

Full circle from infant to elder.

Were I not here to observe them,

Mr. Heisenberg,

Would they behave the same?


I love science and mathematics, even though much of it is incomprehensible to my tiny brain. I found that my grasp of many math and physics concepts made more sense when I applied them to human relationships. 

 






No comments: