Wednesday, November 25, 2020

More Than This


I love this song. I've been sitting here with it running around in my head so I took that as a sign that I should blog about it. I especially like the title. In reference to almost anything I adore. Like dessert or sleeping extra hours or extra whipped cream on desserts. I actually prefer the original video to this dance mix version but this was all I could find. And there are two things I love about this video aside from loving the song. Firstly, my friend Emma bears an extraordinary resemblance to vocalist Mary Ramsey, which I find endearing. Then there's the setting, the famed House On The Rock located near Spring Green, Wisconsin. I have visited twice and could go a third time just for fun. Emma also has great affection for THotR and has visited numerous times, even for a Halloween party. So it almost appears to me at times that Emma is singing a 10,000 Maniacs song in one of her favorite places. I find this delightful. I must credit Bryan Ferry for writing the song but I vastly prefer this cover to the Roxy Music original. Which I know is blasphemy to some people. I will not mention these people. I am acquainted with a few. If any of you read this, please feel free to chastise me in the comments. 


No comments: