Sunday, October 18, 2020

Sad Pumpkin

Are we really this far into October? I thought so. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm just too tired to do Halloween fun stuff this year. Tired isn't the word that best describes my current state of mind, but there it is. I'm tired. Sort of like Lili Von Shtupp in Blazing Saddles. An advanced case of ennui that has removed some of the enthusiasm from my existence has settled in. The joy shall return, I'm certain, and I hope sooner rather than later. I just don't have the spirit within me to dig out all of my beloved witches and ghosties and other spooky things. Particularly with less than two weeks to enjoy them once they are out on display. I tend to put up seasonal decorations in stages, it's a process. The Halloween hall-decking requires three days or so to accomplish, and right now I feel like that energy and effort would be better applied to other things. I do love Halloween, I just won't be so obvious about it this year.   
 

No comments: