Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Drunk Stories

Completely out of the blue, because, after all, isn't that where the best ideas come from, I had an idea for a short story collection. The theme is the shit things that happen when we drink alcohol. Too much, just enough, for courage or for drowning our miseries. Good, unfortunate, bad, sad, revealing stories. All the adjectives. I asked famous playwright cousin Cory how many stories he thought I would need for such a collection and he responded with twelve. A dozen. And I have a dozen* ideas, a couple of them have already been fleshed out a bit in my head. So. Be careful when you have a zany idea and then retain someone to keep you on task. Because he will. Cory will poke and prod and generally annoy me to the point that writing is going to seem fun and easy. If I've ever gotten drunk with you, you just might recognize yourself in one of these stories. The names will be changed to protect any and all identities. Especially mine. 

*Now a baker's dozen...

No comments: