Monday, August 31, 2020

More Progress


Doesn't the ceiling look nice? But that's old news, children. With the cabinet doors removed I recently got busy with prepping and painting the sides and faces of the cabinets. Yes, I might be going for a record for the longest kitchen update project ever. I started way back in January 2019 with installing hardware and painting the drawer fronts.


All in all, I am pleased with the results. The first round of cabinet doors is out in the garage with half the painting process completed. Over the next couple of weeks I'll be painting cabinet doors and installing them as they are finished. Then it's the lower cabinets turn. Then to complete the backsplash. I think the number of tasks required to finish this room is getting shorter. I think. And to think it all started with a photo in a magazine. The only major change from that photo is the countertops. The sparkly black/white/gray granite that I ended up choosing was inspired by the similar color top in a smaller scale pattern on the bar cabinet. My personal challenge is to finish before Christmas. The clock is ticking. 

No comments: