Monday, November 5, 2018

Hello, Gorgeous Kitchen!


Please pardon this moderately crappy photo of a pic in a decorating magazine. I was waiting for Reid while he got a dental exam and found a quite recent copy of HGTV Magazine! While perusing the glossy pages, I came upon this updated kitchen and fell in love with the colors they used! It's ever so clear to me now how I must proceed with my own kitchen mini-remodel. The yellow oak finish on the cabinets shall be painted black and be adorned with brushed steel hardware. Then, when it is time to replace the countertops and backsplash, I'll go with a dark maple wood tone for the countertops (unsure of the material) and white subway tiles for the backsplash. Unlike the photo, I'm keeping the upper cabinets. Interestingly, the only thing I'm keeping from my original redo idea is the white subway tile backsplash. I am forging forward with black paint! This is why I don't watch remodeling or decorating shows on television. I get ideas. Too many to actually put into action, so they clutter up my brain when I have other things to consider. Just one waiting room magazine on an annual basis suits me just fine.

No comments: