Thursday, November 29, 2018

Dental Woes

Normally I don't believe in coincidences. But it turns out my ouchy tooth from six weeks ago was due to infection in the roots, not the stray popcorn hull that I popped out of my gum with a bit of floss. It was fun for a while to think the first round of pain was due to snacking rather than nasty microbes lurking deep within my tooth. I woke up with it throbbing this morning. I would have to say it was in the top three of awful things I have woken up with. Ever. No, I will not elaborate. So. I need a root canal followed by a crown. Which is going to eat up my entire float! I never would have thought it was good luck that the plumber has thus far not been able to get started on replacing my bathtub, but there it is. Those funds will now be funneled into tooth #31. Tomorrow I need to call the endodontist to whom I have been referred and make an appointment. I am not looking forward to this procedure. At all. I'd much rather spend the money on a bathtub. And new countertops. And a range hood. That would be something to look forward to. Pardon me while I pop my antibiotic capsule and mitigate its effect on my digestive system with yogurt.

No comments: