Wednesday, November 21, 2018

The Naked Truth

 "The Truth coming out of the well" Jean-Léon Gérôme, 1896
So. A friend called this painting to my attention the other day. I thought it was due to the interesting story attached to the painting. I read the story and after looking at the painting it occurred to me that it resembled me somewhat. Dark hair, pale skin, hippy and broad of shoulder. I'm certain I've made that facial expression upon the discovery of cat barf on the floor. Particularly if I have discovered it by stepping in it. Turns out she sent me the link without reading the accompanying story herself, she was taken with what she felt was a dead ringer level of resemblance between the subject and moi. I'm flattered. I still look like this, though, truth be told, I wasn't wearing my glasses. The older I get, the better I enjoy soft focus me. 

No comments: