Thursday, May 28, 2020

Madame Secretary, Madame Secretary



To the left we see fictional US Secretary of State Elizabeth McCord. To the right we see the genuine article in retired US Secretary of State Madeleine Albright. This is a screen cap from Season 2, Episode 2 of the tv drama Madame Secretary, entitled The Doability Doctrine. I always find it interesting when real life is incorporated into fiction. And if you hadn't guessed already, yes, I am watching this series on Netflix. I like it. It's a bit reminiscent of The West Wing with its snappy dialog and believable characters. Tea Leoni plays the titular character who has nearly as much going on at home as she does at the office. And if things in the real political world don't start looking up soon, I might have to watch The West Wing again. I'm just a little bit happier and reassured when I imagine that President Josiah Bartlet is residing in the White House rather than the actual current occupant.

No comments: