Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Ain't She a Beaut?

There she is, my new water heater. It was installed this morning. I can assure you it is no fun at all buying something like this. I do enjoy having hot running water, but please! Doesn't that just magically flow from the tap? What is it about this house and water, anyway? Last night I had settled into my big comfy chair and was halfway into an episode of Grey's Anatomy when Reid came upstairs and announced that the water heater, or something in its general area, was making a funny noise. Indeed, it was hissing loudly. In the moments it took to go back upstairs and locate my phone and call the plumber, his emergency number, mind you, and come back down so he could hear the noise it had blown a leak and the laundry room floor was flooded. Then I spent the next hour squeegeeing water toward the floor drain and wiping up the floor with old towels. And I accomplished this while totally stoned. The last few weeks of yard work had aggravated my hands and it was time for my occasional dose of half a chewable pot gummy to knock back the nerve damage pain. It's nice to know that I can manage a household disaster while under the influence. And today my hands are happy, completely free from the itching and burning background pain. Which has me wondering if we are finally done with water incidents. So I can replace the carpeting. While I can now say that I'm something of an expert at drying things out down there I am also sick and tired of showing off my expertise at it. I think it's time for a shower. I will enjoy the hot water. 

No comments: