Sunday, May 31, 2020

Crafty Project in Progress


Like the supplies for many a craft project, the ones for this plant hanger have been hanging (I'm so punny) around for a while. The dining room hoya has been perched on the windowsill since we moved in and it's getting a little fried on the window side.


I haven't played around with macrame for decades and my skill level was never that great. So. My cranky hands don't want to cooperate with making the knots. I should have cut the lengths of cord just a bit longer. But I think it will work out okay. I saw a plant hanger of this style in a store last summer and really liked it. A little platform suspended on cord with some beads for decoration. But it was an awful color and the wrong length so I noted how it was constructed and eventually got around to buying cord, a small wood plaque to use for the platform, and beads to snazz it up.


The bead spacing is all wonky but I can fix that. 


This plucky little plant deserves a new spot a little further out from the window. Just look at all those blossoms! It smells like honeysuckle in here!


Here's another spur of flowers about to burst open. I'm working on it. Naturally I will post an update when this little project has been completed. Tune in next month for exciting developments. What fun!

No comments: