Saturday, April 25, 2020

Taming the Backyard


There she is. My new favorite toy. It took three sessions of tilling to prepare the future lawn area for seeding and watering. I underestimated that it would take nearly all of my spoons for the day for three days. Three days! Phew. The only complaint I have is that it would be nice if the handle was adjustable. If I could lower it six inches it would be perfect! I realized that when I was tilling toward the deck and had to step up on it to get right next to it, making me about six inches taller. Suddenly things were so much easier!  


And behold, the well-tilled, seeded, and watered proto lawn. One more good watering tonight and then two per day until it sprouts, then once a day until it's thick enough to mow. 


In another area of the backyard, it's quite apparent that the peach tree is still dead. Removing it will be another project all on its own. 


Thanks to Mother Nature's laborious efforts over the last two and a half years, stripping the deck of paint is progressing nicely. When it's all bare, it will be time for waterproofing with perhaps a little stain mixed in to make it all pretty again. And now for a shower and a beer.

No comments: