Saturday, April 18, 2020

Do You Do This?

Or is it just me? It might be just me. When I finish watching a series on Netflix, I almost always watch the first episode again. Right on the tail of the series finale. It's interesting in the case of a multiple year series how the characters zap right back into their younger selves. I like seeing again what appealed to me and drew me in to watch more. The manner in which the actors settle into playing their characters over time is also fun to watch. And I tend to stop after that. Like it's too soon to put them through all the agonizing stuff to come again. Because you know how it all ends. A handful of series I have watched multiple times. Downton Abbey. Firefly. The West Wing. Some that I have made it through to the end do not beckon to me for a second run even though I was very entertained by them. Lost. Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. Longmire. Then there are those I will likely give another look-see in teir entirety when they have ended their run. Schitt's Creek. The Good Place. Lucifer. I can't quite pin down why multiple viewings of some series appeals to me, much like the movies I rewatch on sort of an annual basis. Maybe it feels like visiting old friends. Feeling free to shout nooooooooooo! at the screen when I know darn well they don't listen. All I know is, I haven't spent this much time in front of the tv ever in my life. I like to call it keeping my sanity in the time of Covid-19.

No comments: