Tuesday, March 3, 2020

I Have Failed

Remember this? Just yesterday I broke my third resolution. In my defense, it is an election year and the volume of inaccurate and just plain inflammatory information out there is enormous. It doesn't aggravate me that people have different opinions than I hold. It does irritate the serious fuck out of me when people mindlessly repost memes and links without checking the credibility of the source and the accuracy of the content. I have to remind myself that I am not the person in charge of fixing broken stuff on the internets. And if I were a better person, I would not be enjoying the fact that when asked by a person for links to verify my claims in a post, I pelted her with a dozen of them. Earlier I asked her to do the same and she did not do so. All I have to say is, if you're already online posting shit, you also have the capability to run it through Snopes or any of these websites for verification. Don't be lazy. Be a good digital citizen.

No comments: