Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sprung

I keep promising Reid I'll bake another chocolate cake, which he first derided, then decided was delicious. The first one was made on Valentine's day, more than a month ago. He was certain it couldn't be on the same luscious level as brownies, but soon admitted he was wrong. And requested another. I still haven't delivered, but probably will this week. For no apparent reason, this guy has been on my brain off and on for over a week. Now that spring is here and the full moon has passed, maybe he'll stop haunting me. Speaking of spring, the snow is in full on melt mode, and I see large patches of brown emerging all over the yard. The driveway glacier has almost completely receded, and the pink flamingos can be seen in the front yard. And yes, the sump pump has been running! Quietly and efficiently. And speaking of the full moon last night, which was supposed to be quite spectacular, it was unseen in these parts due to overcast skies. And I wonder where my grill cover has gone off to. I have no idea when it disappeared, the whole thing has been encased in a snow drift until recently. And there's this white pole-like thing leaning up in the corner of the fence in the back yard that I don't remember putting there, or being there before the melt. I expect that I need to put on my boots and do a little walk around property to see what other surprises the ravages of winter hath brought. Before I call the roof guy to find out why I have this puddle of water on the top of my stove, I need to take a look up there to see if there is evidence that the range hood vent was shingled over. That theory seems just a little more likely than an incontinent squirrel is lodged in there. But for now, the clothes dryer is calling, and I must go.

No comments: