Sunday, March 2, 2008

Pink

I can't say that pink is my favorite color. When queried as to what my favorite color is, that can vary depending on my mood, what day it is, sort of like the rules for Fizzbin. I'm likely to say blue or green. Maybe red. And I have discovered that my reply is likely to match the color I am wearing at the time. But I am viscerally drawn to pink. You may have noticed that the backdrop to this blog is pink. I got married in a pink dress. My friend Colleen, who is the luckiest Goodwill shopper I have ever encountered, found a pair of new sandals for me there. I was complaining that I could never find the shoe bargains there like she does because they seem to never have my size. Later that week she showed up at work with a mysterious brown paper bag. Inside the bag was the very cute pair of very pink sandals. Now my mission is to find a sundress to go with them. Just for fun, I will now list as much of the pink stuff I own from memory. I will not poke around in closets or dig in my purse, I'll just root around in my head.

  1. Luggage
  2. Cowboy (Cowgirl?) Boots
  3. Computer Bag
  4. Wallet
  5. Cell Phone Case
  6. Change Purse
  7. Binders for Poetry
  8. Flash Drive
  9. Camera & Case
  10. Two rather hideous formal dresses
  11. Journal
  12. Baseball Cap
  13. Hooded Sweatshirt
  14. Numerous articles of clothing
  15. Various assorted scarves & jewelry
  16. iPod case
  17. Backpack
  18. Ski Jacket
There is a great deal of pink in my kitchen. Dishes, ceramic tiles, countertops, gadgets. The walls in my kitchen and living room are painted a lovely shade of pink, Lucite Pink Sangria. I have come to the conclusion that I have not chosen pink, rather, pink has chosen me. And just in the last few minutes, pink has spoken to me once more. I am due for a cell phone upgrade. My provider has reminded me of this numerous times in the last month. I went online to pay my bill. I was thinking that my current phone is just fine. I don't need a new one. Until this morning when I discovered that the Motorola Razr is available in my upgrade options. For free. In pink. I'm weak. I caved.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who makes pink Flash Drives?

Bellona of Avalon said...

A company called PQI. They come in lots of fun colors. Mine is about the size of your average postage stamp. Holds 2gb.

Deanna said...

I heart pink, too! The pinker, the better, I say!