Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Politics of Religion


Yes, I do know that neither of these subjects should be broached in polite company. So perhaps those of you who are polite should not read any further today. Unless you wish to be even the least bit offended. Oh, this also involves the phenomenon of Facebook Creeping*. Think I've covered the disclaimers, so on with today's post. Just moments ago, on the info page of a friend of a friend, I noticed their religious belief listed as antagagnostic. I love this word. And I'm entertained by the possibilities of meaning. In the diagram to the right, I think that antagagnosticism would fall inside the Not Stated piece of pie. Semantically this a great deal of fun as well. Hostile, perhaps even contentious about sitting on that fence.


*You know, when you find yourself peeking at photos and personal information, whatever is available to not-friends, perhaps in a voyeuristic, normally curious, or just as easily a perfectly innocent quest for knowledge.

No comments: