Friday, October 27, 2023

Shameless #1

I have been binging. Netflix. Though Shameless was originally produced by Showtime. Which explains all the nakedness and swearing. I have just started Season 8 of eleven in all. Early on when a main character's name was uttered in its whole form, Francis rather than Frank, Gallagher, I had to pause for a moment. Why was this name so freakishly familiar? Why? Digging way back in the recesses of my brain I unearthed the answer. I'm talking going way back to high school, children. Francis Gallagher was the name of one of my girlfriend's boyfriends. Two of them, actually, JoAnn and Cindy. Though I can't remember who was the first to receive his affections. I do remember that Cindy gave birth to a baby that he sired. And that she remarked that Francis really shouldn't have bought a car with a white interior, him being a farmer and all. JoAnn's friend Mary referred to him as spic, though I'm pretty certain he was mostly Irish rather than Latino. He also spoke English, as in, his first language. I haven't thought about these people in years. Thank you, Shameless, for this trip down Memory Lane.


No comments: