Sunday, December 29, 2019

Update

The smartphone has been activated. I have texted a few people and snapped a few photos. I have not yet actually spoken to anyone on it. I have chosen a ringtone and a text message alert sound. Yesterday I successfully turned all sounds off when I went to a movie. I have installed precisely one app. I have shopped online and purchased a case, car charger, and fancy bluetooth headset for use in the car. In hot pink, purple, and rose gold, respectively, if anyone is interested. The case has a grippy sleeve to help me hold on to the slippery phone and also a wraparound sleeve to protect it when it is in the wilds of my purse. I am finding the stylus to be very manageable for texting and the fingerprint recognition thingy is really cool. I feel a bit sad seeing my old phone sitting idle. We were together a long time, it accompanied me on many an adventure. I suppose what is new now will soon become routine. Because that's how it works. When we lived in Ray, North Dakota I remember our phone number was Jordan 8-3881. In 1960 they named rather than numbered the exchanges. Now I carry a small computer with me. Am I really that old? Yes. But I'm still fabulous, and I don't require goat's blood baths like that loony chick Geillis on Outlander.

No comments: