Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Seizing The Day

Deanna.......................Moi.........................Linda

Nine years ago today I was in Colorado. I stopped off in Windsor to hang out with Deanna on my way back from Tucson to home in South Dakota. I met Linda the evening this photo was snapped, we got together for some wine and cheer at Deanna's house. This was the weekend when I decided I wanted to move back to the state of my birth. I was driving west and coming up to the top of a hill on highway 392, it was seeing the mountains that did it. The view was breathtaking! The majestic Rockies capped with snow against the backdrop of a clear, deep blue sky was so beautiful. Right then and there I began formulating a plan and gave myself five years to make it happen. The only time I have ever done that! It took five and a half years to get here, selling my house in SD took a bit longer than anticipated. Now I've been in Greeley for three and a half years. It's been a big adjustment but a welcome one. I love this quirky little house and the neighborhood. And if I ever tire of the spectacular mountain views when I drive west someone needs to slap me. 

No comments: