Tuesday, October 16, 2018

But I Digress...


This is not my black kitten. Nor is this my plastic jack o'lantern. And technically that isn't my area rug. But! In another state in another house with a decorating scheme that has been so very long gone, I did have an area rug just like it. With the matching runner and smaller rectangular rug to boot. See?


Okay. Fine. You can't see the floor in this photo. But! In the very room where I was standing a mere four years ago, there used to be a rug identical to the one in the upper photo. For approximately four years. From 1997, when this addition on the house was mostly finished and it expertly hid the plywood subfloor, until late 2001 when we remodeled the kitchen and removed the rug and installed laminate flooring. Which means photographic evidence of the matching rug exists in the pre-digital camera era. Which means I have to look for a photo. And then scan it. If the scanner will cooperate. It could be a while. Thanks in advance for your patience. 


No comments: