Thursday, August 14, 2014

Ten Things About Today

1. Amelia cut my hair this morning. I love when Amelia cuts my hair.

2. Getting ready for a rummage sale is a royal pain in the ass.

3. It rained off and on for most of the day.

4. In reference to item #3, this means that Reid still hasn't mown the lawn.

5. I am in total and absolute agreement with Jenny Lawson, The Bloggess, that the plural form of fox ought to be foxen.

6. In reference to item #2, the pain in the ass is tolerable because of the cash that sort of appears out of nowhere and because I get to hang with girlfriends in the process.

7. Tami came over with a kickass bottle of pinot grigio. We wiped the rainfall off the deck furniture and enjoyed a glass or two.

8. Karen has the most gorgeous grandchildren. I say this with utter confidence despite the fact that I have yet to meet grandchild number three who is just over a week old.

9. I seriously need a serious guyfriend before empty-nest syndrome truly sets in. It is simply a little too quiet here tonight.

10. It is unfortunate that the just-past-full moon has occurred at the peak of the Perseid meteor shower. 


No comments: