Saturday, August 30, 2014

Ac·cen·tu·ate the Positive

So I've been following my friend Sara's Positivity Challenge on Facebook. And enjoying it for a number of reasons besides the obvious and welcome break from all manner of people dumping buckets of ice water over their heads. Today she nominated me to take up the challenge, which is terribly simple but at the same time gives you pause to contemplate. All I have to do is list three positive things in my life each day for a week and nominate three other friends to do the same. This is a good thing. I have been feeling like I'm in a bit of a limbo-like slump the past few days so a thoughtful exercise in positive thinking may be just the thing I need to pull me from the shadows into the light.

Positivity Challenge, Day 1

1. Being a mom is the first, best thing in my life. I think I came to a complete understanding of love when I held my newborn sons for the first time.

2. Grateful for my sisters Martine and Pam.

3. So fortunate to have wonderful friends who shore me up, make me laugh, and tolerate me when I'm a pain in the ass!

No comments: