Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Are We There Yet?

The deck is repaired. Deck furniture is painted. Chairs and tables have been rounded up. Fancy wine bottle lights completed. Decorations about half done, final touches on Friday. Final count of guests is not yet known. Two more grocery trips and one liquor store trip still to come. Two sisters to fetch from airports. Four desserts to prepare. Get that spare tank for the grill filled!! The weather forecast looks good. I've decided what to wear, but may change my mind, my dress, my jewelry at the last minute. Deploy deck umbrella, pink flamingo lights, pillows and hammock. Still need to find a dozen or so geraniums for the deck, preferably priced at around a buck apiece. I'm about to become the mother of a college graduate and a mother-in-law. Am I a grown-up now?

2 comments:

LindaCO said...

Congratulations to all on this momentous occasion!! Hope all goes as smoothly as it can.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Thanks, Linda!

Most of the hard work is done, it's almost time for the festivities to begin. That goes for both college graduates and me!

I'm particularly excited to become a mother-in-law! Gaining a daughter is a wonderful thing.