Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Waiting

Patience. I lecture myself on the importance of increasing my stock of this most virtuous commodity. And I fail. So I distract myself with leftover birthday cake and Facebook. And a really interesting book that doesn't presently hold my attention. I have set a strict limit of once per hour for checking my email. I carry my phone around the house despite the fact that leaving it at the other end of the house or in the car seems to be the thing that makes it ring. In the past few days I have through deliberate actions set in motion what I can only describe as possible life-altering events. So I wait. And hope that I have been wise rather than reckless, rational rather than emotional, and attentive to all the details. Patience, my ass, said one vulture to another. I'm gonna go kill something. Fortunately, I have cake. And more patience, at least, than vultures.

No comments: