Friday, May 13, 2011

Thursday


Not yesterday Thursday, last week Thursday. The fifth of May. To recap all of the momentous events over GraduWeduation Weekend, thought I'd share the highlights of each day.

*After difficulty finding bell peppers to meet my culinary standards, I was surprised to find all the produce I needed at of all places, Target. Who'da thunk it.

*In honor of Cinco de Mayo, I met up with sis Martine and her friend Mickey at Chevy's for mucho yummy margaritas and food.

*On the way back to Brookings, we stopped at Home Depot where I found lovely geraniums in three shades of pink. There was also a somewhat bewildered Mallard wandering about the parking lot. I expect he needed Duck Tape or wing nuts or some such thing. I was relieved that the quacking wasn't some auditory hallucination brought on by the effects of tequila drinking.

*Once home it was discovered that dear friend James was in town! He stopped by for a couple of hours and we popped open a bottle of 7 Deadly Zins. Then proceeded to chat until much too late, making this the first of many short nights.

*Miracles occurred! Reid vacuumed the basement steps without being reminded. He did something else I requested but I can't remember what it was at the moment. I was pleased.


2 comments:

Martine said...

It WAS a great day!!

Perhaps the Mallard was comparison shopping.

Bellona of Avalon said...

We should have given him directions to Menard's.