Wednesday, May 25, 2011

As For You, Dr. Cottage Cheese...

I was told that you are the preeminent man in your specialty in the region. That may very well be. It did take two months to get an appointment with you. I was also, shall I say, apprised in advance as to your methods and personality as far as dealing with patients is concerned. Now that I have had the privilege of meeting you, I would say that abrupt is one thing. Straightforward is one thing. Lack of charm, for lack of a better word, in the bedside manner is one thing. All business is one thing. Rude, bullying, cold, seeming lack of knowledge or interest in my case history, an unecessarily rough examination, and a dismissive attitude toward my feelings, my pain, and my efforts to heal are quite another. I have felt less violated with my feet up in the stirrups. You, sir, may be a brilliant surgeon, but you are a miserable human being.

No comments: