Thursday, April 14, 2011

All That Jazz

Went to hear Skyler play his trombone tonight. With the SDSU Jazz Ensemble. I enjoyed hearing live music for the first time in a long time. Are y'all reading this with a southern accent? Cuz that's for sure how I'm typing it! Otherwise, these three thoughts are on my mind.

1. To the guy sitting near me at the bar during the musical interlude of the evening: How the hell can you find your smart phone and your food more interesting and engaging than this wonderful and inspired music!?!?!

2. Sex and the City reference: At the end of Season #1, Samantha meets James on an evening out listening to jazz. Aside from being an otherwise perfect man in so many respects, he has a tiny penis. Later, in counseling, she admits to liking a large one. Who can blame her.

3. Lost track of a cute guy between Bravo's and downtown, due to separate vehicles, rain, and the parking situation.

Oh, I mean four thoughts...

4. I am ever so grateful that I deleted this guy's number from my phone, otherwise I would have resorted to texting and/or calling him tonight.

Thank you, and goodnight.

Okay. Five thoughts.

5. I fear I am becoming a serious lush. A couple of drinks diminish the pain in my hands to a tolerable level. It's a good thing I love beer. And tequila. Or this would be more than miserable.

No comments: