Friday, February 26, 2021

This is a Real Book

Isn't this horrifying? It was published before I was born which means it was available for my mother to peruse prior to getting married. Ew. Over twenty years ago I threw a fun and naughty bridal shower for a friend's daughter. One of my gifts was a paperback copy of one of Dr Ruth's books. I included a highlighter marker and the book was passed around so all of the attendees could look through it and highlight a pertinent passage. Then the bride-to-be read the highlighted words out loud. Hilarity ensued. While Dr Ruth gives reasonable, factual, helpful advice, I doubt what Ms Hix had to say in 1950 was much more than make him happy at your own expense. I would like to add the word responsible to the title. There. I feel much better. 
 

No comments: