Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Ruining Romance

I like to be entertained while I'm in the process of taking down and packing away the Christmas decorations. Often I put on a movie or search on YouTube to find concert footage that I can play in the background while I work. Last week I saw that The American President was streaming on Netflix. Perfect, I thought. I've seen it a number of times and can take a break and watch favorite scenes. Near the end there is this bit of rom-com fun that I paused in my undecorating efforts to watch.




President Shepard: These are for you.

Sydney: They're beautiful!

PS: Well, I've got to go.

S: Should I stay here?

PS: Walk with me.

S: How'd you finally do it?

PS: Do what?

S: Manage to give a woman flowers and be president at the same time.

PS: Well, it turns out I've got a rose garden!


I have one little problem with this charming scene. It's the night of the State of the Union address! Which means it's February! Freaking freezing February! I'm pretty sure there isn't one stinking flower blooming out there while it's winter! There. I did it. I ruined the end of the movie for you. All I know is, you should never let logic interfere with romance. 


No comments: