Tuesday, June 23, 2020

There Are Four Kinds of Paint


Boring front door. Cute flower pots! Lousy contrast between the brassy house numbers and the green background color.


I've had this paint sitting around for almost three years. Today, I paint the front door!


Turns out I bought expensive shitty paint, the worst possible kind. The other three types of paint in the paint quality spectrum are, from best to worst, cheap excellent, expensive excellent, and cheap shitty. Really, there are many more possible combinations on the sliding scale of expense vs quality, but these are the basic categories. This is two coats. Meh.


Detail of the shitty paint.


More detail.


And yet even more detail. While I love the color, I can't recommend buying this brand of paint. Ever. Tomorrow I need to pick up a quart of more reasonably priced, better paint in a similar color. At least it seems to have adhered well so I won't have too much prep before I repaint later this week. 

No comments: