Saturday, April 28, 2018

Unintentional Theme


While enjoying a late lunch at Mimi's Cafe yesterday afternoon, I was amused by these lamps constructed from musical instruments. As you can see, this one was a trumpet in a previous life. Please ignore the annoyingly bright light coming in through the window. I took a terrific photo of both lamps while the blind was closed but it won't upload from my phone!


We could call this the licorice stick lamp. But let's call it the I was formerly a clarinet lamp. I particularly enjoy the muppet hair trim on this shade, but I'm also a fan of the beaded trim on the trumpet lampshade. What are the odds of me going to an eatery I've never been to before and being so struck by the unusual and interesting lighting decor that I feel compelled to photograph and then blog about it? In the same month! I would have to say quite low. Though continuing this unintentional theme would be fun. Three's the charm! 

No comments: