Friday, April 13, 2018

My Cart Runneth Over

The dilemma of internet shopping boils down to this. It's convenient! It's far too convenient! Coupled with my normal springtime urges to clean things and update things and accomplish projects, I have been clicking. And except for the shoes, they are all things needed to assuage my feelings in the areas of clean!, update!, accomplish!.


I have accepted the fact that the kitchen updates will be pricey and that new countertops are at least a couple of years off. In the meantime, smaller accomplishments can be managed. First up is a new faucet. The current one is okay, but it just isn't tall enough to fill large pots and wash and rinse larger items. The last couple of kitchen faucets I have installed have had this pull-down spray feature that I really like, so when I found this one at a reasonable price I grabbed it. A nice plus is the soap dispenser, I plan to fill it with dishwashing liquid. 


Moving along with the landscaping project in the front yard! Expand the rock garden! Move some of the solar lights from the front to the back, and replace them by incorporating these hanging lantern solar lights into the rock garden.


Shoes. Red shoes. On clearance and the last pair available! In my size! What can I say, they spoke to me. Throw in free shipping and a code for an extra 20% off and I couldn't say no. I have hit-and-miss success with ordering shoes that fit and are comfortable so we shall see. My funky feet are a difficult fit, even when I have a store full of options and colors to try on and take for a walk I don't always find something that works. Cue Elvis Costello.


I have had similar yard maintenance tools to this one before. I have great difficulty operating a string-type trimmer so I have found this is the best option for me. The first one I simply wore out after years of use, the most recent one I seem to have left in the garden shed at the other house. Now that I have determined the small area of the backyard that will be devoted to lawn I will be needing one of these again. Particularly due to the fact that the grassy area will abut the stone patio. The last two years it has been a mostly pointless task to try to keep the joints between the stones free of weeds and grass. I have caved to their persistence. The plan is to now remove just the weeds and encourage the grass between the stones and then have the patio sort of organically segue into the lawn area. These clippers should work nicely to keep the grass between the stones groomed to a manageable height as well as trim up around the house and deck and raised garden beds. 

No comments: