Thursday, January 8, 2015

Wouldn't You Like to be a Witch, Too?

Maybe I am, maybe not. I've been fascinated with witch culture and its roots pretty much forever. It might have something to do with my Scottish heritage and all those powerful matriarchal tribal women who took care of business in the British Isles way back when. That is, before they were denigrated and dethroned by the patrons of a burgeoning Christian church. Maybe it has something to do with my maiden name. Imagine the witch jokes the kids on the playground can hang on you when your last name is Broome! And, okay, I adore a number of movies where the main characters are witches. Practical Magic, The Witches of Eastwick, Hocus Pocus, Bell, Book, and Candle. And now I've been watching The Witches of East End on Netflix that had its first run on Lifetime. Did I mention how much I love Halloween? It was kind of fun to read this today. Maybe you're a witch, too, and just didn't know it. 

No comments: