Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Happy Anniversary

Not really a happy one, but a milestone nonetheless. One year ago today I was dismissed from my job of nearly seven years. After one year of ongoing medical leave that included surgery, many doctor visits, and months of physical therapy. Due to nerve and soft tissue damage and tendinitis in my hands and wrists caused by my job. Progress toward resolving this issue is slow but ongoing. During this last year I was approved for disability which means I have a small, but much needed and appreciated income. Which means, with a little bit of luck, I can hold out for the duration without losing my home. In the meantime, I'm taking the sage advice of Mary Chapin Carpenter by living each day to fullest. I don't want to be late for my life! This includes seeing MCC live next week. I needed to wind up my birthday celebration of two months with something fabulous. And if you ask me, there is little in life as fab as MCC.


No comments: