Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Mmmmmango Rummmmmmm!

It's official. I have become a mojithoe. You can be one, too. Drink one of these and I promise you'll be in love! First, you will need a big glass. Fill it to an inch from the top with (not the rum!) ice. Crush a couple of fresh mint leaves between your fingers. (bonus: your fingers will smell very fresh!) Drop crushed mint into the glass. Add two oz of mango rum followed by just a splash of simple syrup. Fill to the top with club soda. Garnish with a lime slice. Enjoy. When you request another with a wild gleam in your eye, you'll know you have entered the realm of the mojithoe. As my sis Martine quipped, mojitmoe! Yum. Sadly, no, the Cruzan people are not compensating me for singing the praises of their rum which should be enjoyed in moderation. Though if they offered compensation in the form of a complimentary bottle or two, I would be powerless to say no. I am, after all, a mojithoe. 

2 comments:

colleen said...

They actually make Mango rum? I'm disappointed; I figured you were the type to have frozen mango cubes lurking somewhere not terribly far to the back of the freezer. lol.

But I imagine this is much easier!

Bellona of Avalon said...

I wanted to duplicate the drink they served at Brio Tuscan Grille and this is the rum they used.

There are shortcuts I'm willing to take. Especially if they're delicious.